With over 25 years experience working in the Adventure Travel industry on 3 continents (Europe, Africa and North America), Richard McConnell has experienced most facets of the industry, and is now offering the benefit of that experience to Adventure Travel businesses in the form of IT and business consulting.
Richard’s broad experience includes: leading tours in Europe and Africa; selling and promoting safaris and small group adventures to the US trade and public; managing a busy Adventure Travel company with 24 staff; and, for the last 10 years, working as an IT professional. In every case, Richard constantly looked for ways to improve efficiency, productivity, and customer and employee satisfaction.
- Want to update your back office systems and have bookings flow straight through from your website?
- Need to connect 2 or more offices together to increase productivity and reduce cost?
- Interested in enabling staff to answer calls and be productive from home or any remote location?
- Thinking about outsourcing IT issues that are distracting you from your main business of selling trips?
- Want to improve the efficiency of your digital marketing?
These are just some of the areas where we can help you to become more efficient and profitable.
Recently completed projects include:
- Project managing replacement of 6 legacy Travel management systems with a single new cloud-based enterprise CRM / ERP system.
- Connecting 5 North American offices on a Wide Area Network for data and voice, eliminating need for office to office toll calls.
- Moving sales and support staff to home based offices, creating a distributed call center, enabling longer call center hours, with increased efficiency and reduced cost.
- Migrating 40 users from Microsoft Exchange to Google Mail, significantly reducing costs and increasing flexibility.
As well as being technically adept, Richard is also a people person, and understands the need to involve stakeholders at every stage of a project, from initial conception and design to final deployment and beyond. He is collaborative, and puts great effort into crafting creative solutions to complex problems.
So contact us today to discuss your IT and business challenges, and to start crafting a solution to increase efficiency and improve your bottom line.